Combining Non-related Ideas with Creative Writing
Objective: The student will be able to associate multiple ideas through writing.
Resources: Teacher: magazines containing photos. Students: scissors, notebook paper, pencil.
Teacher Preparation: Locate magazines.
1. Procedure: Hand out magazines.
2. Have students cut out 5 interesting pictures at random.
3. Gather pictures from students.
4. Randomly hand out 2-4 pictures per student, depending on age group (you will have some extra pictures to pick from).
5. Instruct students to write a short story based on themes or ideas from all pictures.
Variations/Options: Elementary grades may glue pictures to bond paper and rewrite story to flow around pictures.